“It was so much fun to see the excitement in everyone’s goals!”
The goal you choose in Wayfinders depends on where you are in life.
Is this you? Then you may be ready for a B.H.A.G. (Big Hairy Audacious Goal).
Some big dreams Wayfinders have achieved:
- Get my college degree at age 75
- Start a non-profit to combat human trafficking
- Finally write the book I’ve always had in me
- Become a police chaplain
- Launch a town-wide Kindness Day in the city of Bath, Maine.
- Live in Tanzania part-time
- Have a gallery showing of my photographs
- Go on stage for the first time at age 80.
- Trade in teaching to become a camp director
But maybe you’re on a part of your Way that is steep and stony (taking gentle of a sick relative, or bearing up through your own illness, for instance).
If you are in that place right now, you may be called to a different kind of goal, a Sabbath goal of rest and renewal.
Some Sabbath goals Wayfinders have achieved:
- Take one day off work every week to rest.
- Re-kindle my love of singing and join a madrigal group
- Find more joy in everyday moments
- Train for a 5K to feel endorphins once again
- Go on silent retreat
- Find a way to pace myself and thrive while living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Develop a morning prayer practice
- Find 2 hours for myself each week not to be taking care of others
Finally, you may discern God is calling you to a more down-to-earth goal. These down-to-earth goals may seem simple, but they often take some steadfastness and courage to achieve.
- Find a good home for my late husband’s belongings
- Track my expenses and live within my means
- Learn how to sew a skirt for my body type
- Walk regularly and eat well so I can get in shape to travel again
- Find a way to earn 300 dollars so I can attend my daughter’s college graduation out of state
- Get up the courage to host people in my imperfect, messy home and share love and food with them.
Fortunately, no matter where you are called, in Wayfinders you’ll have companions to help you get there.
Ready to learn more? Drop me a line and let’s get the conversation started.