Grab Some Friends
Choose a Goal
Do Something that Matters…
…One Tiny Step at a Time
What kind of goals do people choose?
The goal you choose in Wayfinders depends on where you are in life.
Some people come to Wayfinders when they are on a wide and gentle part of their path, with lots of extra time and energy.
Is this you? Then you may be ready for a B.H.A.G. (Big Hairy Audacious Goal).
Some big dreams Wayfinders have achieved:
- Get my college degree at age 75
- Start a non-profit to combat human trafficking
- Finally write the book I’ve always had in me
- Become a police chaplain
- Launch a town-wide Kindness Day in the city of Bath, Maine.
- Live in Tanzania part-time
- Have a gallery showing of my photographs
- Go on stage for the first time at age 80.
- Trade in teaching to become a camp director
But maybe you’re on a part of your Way that is steep and stony (taking gentle of a sick relative, or bearing up through your own illness, for instance).
If you are in that place right now, you may be called to a different kind of goal, a Sabbath goal of rest and renewal.
Some Sabbath goals Wayfinders have achieved:
- Take one day off work every week to rest.
- Re-kindle my love of singing and join a madrigal group
- Find more joy in everyday moments
- Train for a 5K to feel endorphins once again
- Go on silent retreat
- Find a way to pace myself and thrive while living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Develop a morning prayer practice
- Find 2 hours for myself each week not to be taking care of others
Finally, you may discern a more down-to-earth goal. These goals may seem less “shiny,” but they may take some steadfastness and courage to achieve.
Some Down-to-Earth Goals Wayfinders Have Achieved
- Find a good home for my late husband’s belongings
- Track my expenses and live within my means
- Learn how to sew a skirt for my body type
- Walk regularly and eat well so I can get in shape to travel again
- Find a way to earn 300 dollars so I can attend my daughter’s college graduation out of state
- Get up the courage to host people in my imperfect, messy home and share love and food with them.
Fortunately, no matter what goal you choose, you’ll have a team of companions to help you get there.
Ready to learn more? Drop me a line and let’s get the conversation started.