Wayfinders’ goals are as varied as they are, because everyone is on a different part of their Way in life.
Is this you? Then you may be ready for a B.H.A.G. (Big Hairy Audacious Goal). Do you have a big dream God may be calling you to?
Wayfinders have discerned and achieved many wonderful BHAG’s:
- Finish what I started 40 years ago – and get my college degree
- Start a non-profit to combat human trafficking
- Finally write the book I’ve always had in me
- Become a police chaplain
- Create and launch a town-wide Kindness Day
- Live in Tanzania part-time
- Have a gallery showing of my photographs
- Go on stage for the first time at age 80.
- Quit my “indoor” teaching job to become a full-time camp director.
But maybe you’re on a part of your Way that is steep, with very narrow margins (taking care of a sick relative, or bearing up through your own illness, for instance). If you are in that stony place right now, God may be calling you to a different kind of goal, a Sabbath goal of rest and renewal.
Some Wayfinders have discerned a goal to:
- Take one day off of work every week
- Re-kindle my love of singing and join a madrigal group
- Find more joy in everyday moments
- Train for a 5K and feel endorphins once again
- Go on silent retreat
- Find a way to pace myself and thrive while living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Develop a morning prayer and centering routine
Finally, you may discern God is calling you to a more down-to-earth goal. These down-to-earth goals may seem simple, but they often take a great deal of courage to face and achieve:
- Find a good home for my late husband’s belongings
- Track my expenses and live within my means
- Walk regularly and eat well so I can get in shape to travel again
Fortunately no matter where you are called, in Wayfinders you’ll have companions to help you get there.